Accessibility Resource Center
Northampton Community College (NCC) is a diverse and welcoming campus. Our goal is to ensure access for students with disabilities and maximize their educational opportunities.
The Accessibility Resource Center offers a variety of support and guidance to both prospective and current students with disabilities. Services and accommodations are offered to facilitate access to both college programs and facilities in accordance with all applicable laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
We encourage academically qualified students with disabilities to take advantage of our educational programs and activities.
Our staff includes professionals with extensive experience and training. Many of our specialists spent years as classroom teachers and all have advanced degrees in special education, counseling, psychology or rehabilitative education.
Reasonable and appropriate accommodations provided to students with disabilities are determined on an individual case by case basis through the interactive Pre-Service meeting, appropriate documentation and the impact of a particular disability in the academic environment. These accommodations can include but are not limited to:
- Textbooks in Alternate Format
- Recording Lecture Content as note-taking assistance
- Test Accommodations
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Residence Life Accomodations:
- Accessible on-campus housing (limitied availability)
- Procedures for Emotional Support Animals in Housing (PDF) | (WORD)
- Expectations for Support Animal Expectations in Housing (PDF)
- Service/ESA Request Form (PDF) | (WORD)
- Procedures for Meal Plan Accommodation for Food-Related Disability (WORD)
- Food-Related Disability Verification Form (WORD)
- Food-Related Disability Verification Form (PDF)