Financial Aid Checklist
Visit studentaid.gov and click "Create Account". If a student is under the age of 24 their parents may need an FSA account as well, to sign the FAFSA and also provide 2021 tax information.
- Complete 2023 - 2024 FAFSA
- After creating your FSA ID hover over "Apply for Aid", a dropdown window will appear, and then click "Complete the FAFSA Form".
- Log in to the FAFSA and select the "Student" option. You will need 2021 1040 tax returns along with residency, personal, and demographic information to complete the FAFSA.
- Once the FAFSA is submitted, it will take 3-5 business days to process and for NCC to get a copy. Completed forms will receive an estimated financial aid for the academic year at a full-time (12 credits) schedule. Once registered for classes, Workday will update to show official financial aid for that semester.
- If you are a Pennsylvania resident you may be eligible for the PA State grant. Navigate to PHEAA.org, create an account, and apply for the 23-24 academic year grant.
- The general application closes May 1st. However, first-year community college PA Grant applicants have until August 1st.
Some students may need to submit additional documents to verify the information submitted on their FAFSA.
- Once logged in to Workday, click the box icon at the top right of your screen to view the inbox.
- Complete Workday Inbox Items and Submit Documents (Our office will review the documents and alert you if extra steps are needed. )
To review or accept federal loans:
- Log in to Workday, then click the "finances" tab, and then select "accept/decline awards".
- From there you can see any offered loans and are able to accept/decline them and edit the amount taken.
- If you accepted loans you must complete all action items in Workday including the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling located at studentaid.gov.
Parent Plus Loan
- To apply for a Parent Plus loan, your Parent should first log in to their studentaid.gov account.
- Once logged in, hover over "Apply for Aid" and from the dropdown menu select "Apply for Parent Plus Loan". Applications are subject to a credit check and an approval/denial is instant.
- If approved, the parent will need to complete a Parent Master Promissory Note for a Plus Loan before we can process and have the loan reflect on the student's account. This can be done by navigating to the studentaid.gov homepage, hovering over the "Complete Aid Process" tab, then clicking "MPN for Parents".
- If denied, the student may be eligible to borrow a limited amount of additional Federal Unsubsidized Loans.
To learn more about the Parent Plus Loan contact the financial aid department.