Humanities & Social Sciences
Specialized Diploma conferred
Multimedia production involves the creation of audio, video and interactive applications (including games) for the Internet. Northampton's specialized diploma in Multimedia is a six-credit course of study designed for those with previous media and/or computer experience who wish to broaden and update their skills by becoming proficient in multimedia production and interactive CD/DVD ROM authoring.
The diploma program consists of two courses taught in the College's state-of-the-art multimedia lab. You'll have extensive opportunities for hands-on instruction using the latest hardware and software. Because multimedia production is both a technical and an artistic process, we stress aesthetics, creativity, and design in addition to the practical understanding of computer technology. Contact the Admissions Office at 610.861.5500 for further information.
Graduates of the program will:
- be skilled in the basic operation of multimedia computers and related audio and video equipment.
- be able to formulate and plan multimedia and Internet productions.
- develop their creative intelligence and capacity for creative expression in the form of multimedia and internet applications.
- be able to use various multimedia and Web technologies to communicate information, ideas and feelings to an audience.
- be able to design and use text, graphics, audio and video clips for use in multimedia and the Internet.
- be able to use authoring tools to create interactive applications
|Course Code||Course Title||
|CMTH182||Advanced Multimedia Production||
Career Potential: Multimedia Producer, Interactive Game Designer