To receive aid, a student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid social security number;
- Be enrolled in an eligible academic program;
- A high school graduate or have a recognized General Equivalency Diploma (GED);
- Be an undergraduate student who has not previously earned a bachelor's degree (for most types of aid);
- Not be in default on any previous student loan nor owe a repayment on an adjusted federal grant;
- If male and age 18-25, be registered for Selective Service
- Comply with Northampton Community College's Academic Progress Policy requirements.