Dining Room Operations
Business & Technology
View our other Hospitality program options:
Northampton's Dining Room Operations diploma prepares you to effectively address the guest services and supervisory challenges faced within the various segments of the food and beverage industry. Our graduates are employed in positions such as dining room supervisor, banquet manager, convention services coordinator, catering supervisor or food service manager.
The Dining Room Operations diploma includes broad training in all aspects of restaurant management including front of the house business, supervisory duties and convention services/catering operations. Graduates will be prepared for entry-level management opportunities in fine dining, full service and quick casual restaurants, institutional food service, hotel food service outlets, country clubs, and a variety of other food service establishments.
The program emphasizes the basic tenants of guest service, leadership, communication, teamwork and problem solving. The program teaches students dining room operations, convention services and catering operations, food service safety and sanitation, hospitality management and marketing, guest services, and food and beverage management. We developed our program and its content with extensive input from the hospitality industry.
Graduates of the program will:
- Acquire and correctly use general industry information, technical skills, and certifications for employment in the hospitality industry.
- Listen and effectively communicate in a positive, professional, and ethical manner with customers and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
- Display a professional image, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and recognize your role in the success of the organization where you are employed.
- Read and accurately interpret standard indicators of the organization's financial health.
- Use appropriate technology for written communication, information gathering, and data analysis to facilitate smooth operation of a hospitality organization.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills, and an appreciation of diversity to support the organization and its goals.
- Use organization and flexibility, as a team, to complete tasks, make decisions, and problem solve in a timely manner.
- Utilize research and problem-solving techniques to employ "out of the box" critical thinking skills in a variety of hospitality situations.
Dining Room Operations
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|FOOD 110||Food Preparation||4|
|HOSP 101||Introduction to the Hospitality Industry||3|
|HOSP 105||Enhancing Guest Service||3|
|HOSP 130||Convention Services and Catering Management||3|
|FOOD 123||Menu Planning and Food and Beverage Cost Control||3|
|FOOD 250||Dining Room Operations||4|
|HOSP 111||Food and Beverage Management||3|
|HOSP 201||Strategic Leadership in Hospitality||3|
Career Potential: Food Service Manager Dining Room Supervisor, Catering Supervisor, Convention Services Coordinator, Banquet Manager